A TED Talk A Day, Day 3: Zain Asher is a CNN news anchor, who worked her way up from being a receptionist. She’s understandably smooth speaker given her work, but also makes some heartfelt points from experience, which is wonderful. Incidentally her brother is Chiwetel Ejiofor of 12 Years A Slave fame!
- Her mother said that to make it in life, you have to be able to related to everybody.
- Trust your struggle: No matter what your hardship, have faith that it will be for the greater good.
- Turn a blind eye to competition: Don’t compete for what you want, create it. To be successful you don’t have to take anything away from anyone else. Competition only brings up fears.
- Give:The more you give, the more your receive.
- Success comes when opportunity meets preparation: Prepare for where you want to be, so when it comes, you are ready.
Suggested action step: Every time I worry about whether I can be certain of a positive outcome from my actions, I will remind myself that as long as I believe in doing them, my actions are preparations for future opportunities, even if I can’t see them yet.